Sustained High Economic Growth
- 8% average year-on-year GDP growth, stable inflation and exchange rate.
- Sound macroeconomic management and robust fiscal discipline.
- A clear vision for growth through private investment set out by President Kagame (Vision 2020).
- Politically stable with well-functioning institutions, rule of law and zero tolerance forcorruption.
Investor friendly climate
- Increasingly attractive destination for foreign investments.
- Rwanda is the most competitive place to do business in East Africa and 3rd in Africa (WEF-Global Competitiveness Index Report 2013-2014 page 3).
- The 2014 World Bank Doing Business report ranked Rwanda as the 32nd out of 189 countries worldwide and 2nd in Africa.
- New Special Economic Zone developed and operational. More zones planned for the districts.
Access to markets
- Market of over 11 million people with a rapidly growing middle class.
- A market and customs union with market potential of over 125 million people.
Excellent Labor Market
- Rwanda has a very high labor efficiency and offers an excellent and flexible supply of labor.
- Rwanda’s workforce is also demonstrating increasing capacity or knowledge-based industry.
Potential opportunities for investment abound, particularly in the following sectors: